Why dare to dream

When naming this blog, I was considering what the purpose of the blog is and what it will end up containing... First I was thinking that it should say something about travelling and the world as I am right now on my way on a trip... but then I thought, I will not be travelling all the time for the rest of my life... but I may still want to be blogging... I was then considering a name in regard to my life and you who will read my blog.... and finally I realized that daring to dream is what I hope my life will represent -no matter where I am, what I do and who I will be together with. And what I like to believe it has already represented. I started studying economics because I dream of making the world a better place for all of us and I believe economics hold some of the tools to do so. I have travelled to latinamerica and africa to explore parts of world which need to develop to improve the lifes of the people and because I dream of being part of this. And I was active in the student organization AIESEC because I believe in its vision and the network and together with the aiesec members I dare to dream.

But why dare to dream.... because dreams are the fuel to change... and the world needs change... I cannot help dreaming that no people will suffer from malnutrition and hunger. Or that all people will live in peace with each other. I dream that we will accept each other. I dream that politicians do what is best for the people. That companies are doing business with respect and social responsibility. I dream that all children will grow up as safe and with the same opportunities as I have.

Now with my studies done -I am at a point where I can dream more than ever... and more important.... I can act on my dreams.

So follow me and see where my dreams will take me.



søndag den 12. juni 2011

One needs to dare dreaming even when one can’t act on it right away

I have previously told you about how I am now living my dream. But when living one dream, another one is formed. I am now living and working in Copenhagen. You could say that I am daily working on finding the best solutions to some of the global challenges that our society faces. I feel privileged and I am happy to live in Copenhagen which is a city where I can enjoy life, ensure a decent living and getting into the field that I am passionate about. But I also feel restless. I feel distanced from the realities of the people I want to help. I feel too comfortable and a little bit bored. A new a dream is being formed…
When an idea is set in your heart, when a dream is being formed… what do you do?
You may choose to always keep it to yourself in your heart because you’re afraid it will get ruined if other people may question it or that it will simply lose its shine when outspoken. You may be afraid someone else will take it and act on it before you can. You may keep it as a sweet reminder when things get too tough around you, keeping you warm by promising you that one day you will act on it –but that day may just never come.
Or you may tell everybody about it, make it big and glamorous and get high on other people’s recognition and respect when you tell about your dream. You may constantly plan how you will act on your dream and keep adding new details to the dream which grows the dream bigger and bigger. One day the dream may get so big that you tell yourself that it is time to be realistic and forget about it. For some time you forget about the dream and then a new dream comes by and you repeat the same with this… and so it continues…
The difference lies in acting on your dreams.
But what makes you actually act on your dream? And when you can’t act straight away on your dream, what makes you keep your promise to yourself to act on it? I wish to somehow make sure that my dream will become real. That I will act on it when time comes for it. But I can’t be sure… For now my dream can only be a dream. Time will show if my dream will become more than that. Till then I have to believe in my dream, take the small steps which will get me closer to realizing it…  
I need to dare dreaming even when I can’t act on them right away.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar