Why dare to dream

When naming this blog, I was considering what the purpose of the blog is and what it will end up containing... First I was thinking that it should say something about travelling and the world as I am right now on my way on a trip... but then I thought, I will not be travelling all the time for the rest of my life... but I may still want to be blogging... I was then considering a name in regard to my life and you who will read my blog.... and finally I realized that daring to dream is what I hope my life will represent -no matter where I am, what I do and who I will be together with. And what I like to believe it has already represented. I started studying economics because I dream of making the world a better place for all of us and I believe economics hold some of the tools to do so. I have travelled to latinamerica and africa to explore parts of world which need to develop to improve the lifes of the people and because I dream of being part of this. And I was active in the student organization AIESEC because I believe in its vision and the network and together with the aiesec members I dare to dream.

But why dare to dream.... because dreams are the fuel to change... and the world needs change... I cannot help dreaming that no people will suffer from malnutrition and hunger. Or that all people will live in peace with each other. I dream that we will accept each other. I dream that politicians do what is best for the people. That companies are doing business with respect and social responsibility. I dream that all children will grow up as safe and with the same opportunities as I have.

Now with my studies done -I am at a point where I can dream more than ever... and more important.... I can act on my dreams.

So follow me and see where my dreams will take me.



søndag den 2. oktober 2011

The loss of someone special

There are certain situations we just can’t prepare ourselves for. There are certain situations we should not prepare ourselves for even though we know we are most certain to face them at some point in our life. There are certain persons we cannot imagine living without. Not even when they are already gone. There are certain things we cannot understand. And maybe there are certain things we should not understand.
I faced one of these situations, I lost one of those persons and I am left with one of these questions that I will never know the answer to –at least not in this world or in this life.
There are two people in my life I know have always loved me, who I have always been able to turn to for comfort, who would support me in anything I decided to do… Those two people taught me that real love is not depending on who you are, what you are, what you do, what you say or even what you think  –true love is when you love someone for just being. These two people have always loved me for just being since they knew I was going to be.
I have lost one of these two precious people… I have lost the one man who would give up anything for me, who knew me better than anyone, who loved me more than any man will ever love me.
It seems my life should stop. How can anything else be important when I have lost one of these precious person? My sadness should be taking over everything.
It is and it is not… I am continuing... so are everybody else… we have to, we need to… we cannot do anything else…
Many words can be spoken about the matter and none of them will really do… because one feeling is so strong… the missing… missing the routines, the things we shared, the comfort, the support, the laugher, the things that were and the things that we thought were to be…
Nothing will ever be the same, only the love… Because this very special and precious man, my dad, will always be missed…


And still, I continue, we continue because everything else continues…

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar