Why dare to dream

When naming this blog, I was considering what the purpose of the blog is and what it will end up containing... First I was thinking that it should say something about travelling and the world as I am right now on my way on a trip... but then I thought, I will not be travelling all the time for the rest of my life... but I may still want to be blogging... I was then considering a name in regard to my life and you who will read my blog.... and finally I realized that daring to dream is what I hope my life will represent -no matter where I am, what I do and who I will be together with. And what I like to believe it has already represented. I started studying economics because I dream of making the world a better place for all of us and I believe economics hold some of the tools to do so. I have travelled to latinamerica and africa to explore parts of world which need to develop to improve the lifes of the people and because I dream of being part of this. And I was active in the student organization AIESEC because I believe in its vision and the network and together with the aiesec members I dare to dream.

But why dare to dream.... because dreams are the fuel to change... and the world needs change... I cannot help dreaming that no people will suffer from malnutrition and hunger. Or that all people will live in peace with each other. I dream that we will accept each other. I dream that politicians do what is best for the people. That companies are doing business with respect and social responsibility. I dream that all children will grow up as safe and with the same opportunities as I have.

Now with my studies done -I am at a point where I can dream more than ever... and more important.... I can act on my dreams.

So follow me and see where my dreams will take me.



fredag den 10. januar 2014

Is facebook our modern prayer…


In a society where we believe there is a logical explanation to everything, where God is minimized to only maybe being there and maybe being some chemical reactions in our brain… Where do we then turn, when we have something in our hearts that we need to cry out to someone, someone who will listen no matter what, when or where we are overwhelmed with a feeling…
My facebook prayer doesn’t have a specific target, yet I hope for some kind of response… It’s this feeling of something being so important for me in this very moment, that I can’t keep it for myself, yet I don’t know who to share it with because it is so overwhelming personal…
My way of expressing my facebook prayer may be different from yours… yet prayers are all different around the world….
But who listens in the other end of the facebook prayer…. God?
I haven’t felt like writing the blog for a long time…. Now this is my facebook prayer for tonight.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar